Imagine a world where shopping online isn't just easy but incredibly exciting, where every click opens the door to a shopper's dream come true.
This dream has become a reality as eCommerce experiences tremendous growth. It's not just about buying things online; it's about creating an amazing online shopping experience.
In 2020, during a global pandemic, eCommerce saw an incredible 31.8% increase, showing a big change in how people shop. As online shopping becomes more popular, businesses are rushing to set up their online stores.
But just having an online shop isn't enough to do well in this new digital world. To really succeed in this digital age, businesses need to find out about the important eCommerce website features that can help them make more money.
As eCommerce keeps changing, knowing and using these 6 features is the key to success in the online retail world.
Almost 90% of shoppers say eCommerce personalization has an impact on their purchasing decisions, and nearly 90% of businesses report increased sales as a result. (Source)
Customization is at the heart of what makes an eCommerce system successful for small businesses.
In an era where brand identity and user experience are paramount, having the ability to personalize every aspect of your online store is a game-changer. Here are some important elements of customization:
- Templates: The best eCommerce solutions offer a plethora of pre-made templates that allow you to mold your website to your brand's unique identity. This not only enhances the visual appeal but also ensures consistency across your digital storefront.
- Shipping Options: Offering multiple shipping choices can attract a wider range of customers. Whether it's expedited shipping, local pickup, or international delivery, catering to various preferences enhances the user experience.
- Payment Methods: Diverse payment options, such as credit cards, digital wallets, and buy-now-pay-later solutions, accommodate customers with varying preferences, leading to increased conversions.
- Discounts and Coupons: Providing the flexibility to create and manage discounts, promo codes, and coupons can be a powerful tool to incentivize sales and cultivate customer loyalty.
2. eCommerce Automation
Automation is the unsung hero of eCommerce. eCommerce automation simplifies and streamlines various aspects of your online business, saving time and resources while ensuring efficiency and customer satisfaction. Here's what automated ecommerce stores can have:
- Address Detection: Automating the process of detecting customers' addresses during the checkout phase simplifies shipping and minimizes errors.
- Pricing Calculations: eCommerce automation software can automatically calculate taxes, shipping rates, and pricing for selected products, ensuring accuracy and preventing costly mistakes.
- Customer Registration: Registration processes can be automated, generating usernames and passwords, which enhances the user experience and eases account management.
- Notifications and Emails: Automated notifications and email campaigns keep customers informed about their orders, promotions, and other important updates, bolstering engagement.
3. Marketing Tools
Effective marketing is the lifeblood of eCommerce success. Modern eCommerce systems are equipped with a range of ecommerce marketing tools designed to attract, engage, and retain customers. Here are some vital tools at your disposal:
- Email Marketing: eCommerce software offers email templates for personalized campaigns. Detailed analytics help gauge performance and tailor future campaigns for better results.
- SEO Optimization: Improving search engine visibility is essential. Many eCommerce platforms, like Wix, provide tools to optimize titles, product descriptions, meta tags, and alt text, ensuring higher rankings and more organic traffic.
- Social Media Integration: Integration with social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram allows businesses to reach a broader audience and enable direct sales through these channels, seamlessly processing payments within the online store.
4. Analytics and Reporting
In the digital world, data is king, and an eCommerce system's analytics and reporting tools offer invaluable insights. eCommerce data analytics tools enable you to:
- Monitor Performance: Keep an eye on ecommerce analytics and track fluctuations in traffic, helping you identify trends and potential issues.
- Sales and Revenue Insights: Understand sales patterns, refunds, and the impact of coupons over time, allowing you to make informed decisions.
- Cart Abandonment Tracking: Identify where customers abandon their shopping carts and take steps to rectify issues that might be causing this.
- Product and Category Analytics: eCommerce analytics software discovers your top-performing products and categories, which can guide your inventory management and promotional strategies.
No eCommerce system operates in isolation. eCommerce integration with third-party platforms are crucial for enhancing your store's performance. For example, Designrush can help you find the right agencies for your eCommerce project.
It connects qualified brands like yours with verified agencies for different projects such as digital marketing, graphic design, e‑commerce website design, and software development, to name a few.
Here are some other popular integration options:
- Payment Gateway Integration: Seamless connections with credit card processors and digital payment platforms like PayPal, Stripe, Apple Pay, and Google Pay ensure secure and efficient transactions.
- Marketplace Integration: Link your online store with external marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon, extending your reach to a wider customer base and potentially boosting sales.
- Social Media Integration: By integrating with social media channels like Facebook and Instagram, you can facilitate direct sales through these platforms while managing payments seamlessly within your eCommerce store.
6. Exceptional Customer Service
It's no surprise that FormBuilder reports that 70% of the buying experience is based on how the customer is treated.
Integrating a live chat plugin into your eCommerce website can be a game-changer. It empowers you to engage with your online store visitors in real time, addressing their inquiries and concerns promptly.
The benefits of this technology extend far beyond just ensuring satisfied customers; they also have a direct impact on your bottom line. Here are some of the best live chat plugins that can help you elevate your customer service game:
- Zendesk: Zendesk is a comprehensive customer service platform that includes a robust live chat feature. It not only enables real-time interactions but also offers tools for efficient customer query management.
- Olark: Olark is renowned for its user-friendly chat solution, making it easy for businesses to engage with customers in real time. Its customizable features are particularly appealing to businesses looking for a tailored approach.
- HubSpot: HubSpot offers an integrated chat solution as part of its comprehensive customer relationship management (CRM) platform. This ensures that customer interactions are seamlessly integrated into your overarching business strategy. It also provides ecommerce performance analytics
- Tidio: Tidio is known for its user-friendly chat plugin with an AI-powered chatbot. This AI functionality provides 24/7 customer support and helps in automating responses to frequently asked questions.
- LiveChat: LiveChat is a popular choice for businesses looking to engage with customers in real time. It offers features like canned responses, which save time and maintain consistency in customer interactions.
Enhance Your eCommerce Growth and Revenue!
Creating a fantastic shopping experience doesn't always mean starting from scratch. You can make your users happy by paying attention to their feedback and keeping an eye on what your competitors are doing in the world of eCommerce.
While you don't have to use every single feature your eCommerce platform offers, it's a smart idea to consider the ones that successful retailers in your field are using. Combine this with customer feedback and try out different things with A/B testing to find out what helps you sell more and keep your customers even happier. So, keep improving and delighting your customers!